The Ecumenical Women’s Initiative (EWI) is inviting proposals for the Project Support Grants Program to support women as initiators and agents of change in faith communities and in society by supporting and connecting individuals and groups working in the fields of women’s rights, peace building and reconciliation, belief-based ecumenical and inter-religious dialogue & cooperation in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, encouraging networking and cross border cooperation.
- The EWI strives for a just and peaceful society in which diversity is a strength and source of creativity, in which women have a dignified place and role in private and public life in harmony with their competence and personal choice and in which religion promotes and supports the achievement of full equality between women and men.
The EWI seeks to shape its work, approaches and relationships according to the following set of values:
- Equality: They believe that God created all people equal and that women and men have the right to equal opportunities regardless of their nationality, ethnic affiliation or religious belief, gender or sex or any other characteristic.
- Solidarity: They stand primarily alongside all women in their current situation of injustice as they strive to contribute to a just and peaceful society.
- Pluralism: They respect culture and custom, ethnic, religious and national diversity.
- Non-violence: They promote the affirmation of their values and respect of others as a precondition to peaceful coexistence and the constructive transformation of conflict.
- Develop structured responses to the challenges faced by women, in line with EWI areas of interest.
Proposed projects must comply with one of the following areas:
- Peace and reconciliation
- Ecumenical and inter-religious cooperation
- Women’s human rights
- Grant type 1: up to HRK 30,000 / EUR 4,000
- Grant type 2: up to HRK 52,500 / EUR 7,000
- Grant type 3: up to HRK 105,000 / EUR 14,000
- The EWI supports activities designed especially for women and girls (over 15 years of age), however men and boys of the same age may also be included.
For Civil Society Organisations
- Grassroots civil society organisations in which women have decision-making roles and are responsible for the project’s implementation, and girl’s groups within youth organisations: registered in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia or Serbia.
For Women Theologians
- Women theologians and students of theology living and working in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia, or Serbia. EWI does not support individuals.
- Women theologians and theology students may apply only through institutions/religious communities or civil society organisations within which they operate, which will be the legal bearer of the project in the event of a successful application.
For more information, visit http://www.eiz.hr/public-call-project-support/?lang=en/&lang=en