Expressions of interests are invited from registered construction companies with proven capacity to undertake construction of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) facilities in urban, rural and humanitarian context in communities, school and healthcare facilities for provisioning of water supply, toilets, handwashing facilities and bathing places in all provinces within Pakistan.
The activities involve civil works for construction and rehabilitation of WASH services in communities, school and healthcare facilities in Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, KP including merge districts, AJ&K and GB.
- This includes:
- New construction or rehabilitation of DRR compliant handpumps.
- Construction of Tube wells (18”, 16” and 14” diameters, for different discharge, heads)
- Installation of Auto Chlorinators
- Rehabilitation / replacement of water supply networks (6”,4”,3”,2.5”,2”,1.5”,1.25”,1”,3/4” -) diameters for GI and (32mm,40mm,50mm,63mm,75mm,90mm,110mm,160mm) diameter for HDPE, with specifications as per MRS and PN values not less than PN-12)
- Installation of new pressure pumps with new drilling (6”,8”,10” and 12” diameters)
- Installation of new pressure pumps on existing water source (6”,8”,10” and 12” diameters)
- Installation of voltage regulators, 50, 65,80 and 100 KVAs
- Solarization of water supply systems (pressure pumps, tube wells and open wells / dug wells)
- New construction or rehabilitation of solarized water supply schemes.
- Gravity based Drinking water supply schemes including source development.
- Development of Open wells-based water schemes
- Lining of open wells, 1 to 1.5 meters diameters
- Construction of water filling stations for water trucking in emergencies
- Underground/overhead storage water tanks., including water supply connections, (PVC, Concrete tanks)
- New construction or rehabilitation of Reverse Osmosis (RO) system, filtration schemes and
- New construction or rehabilitation of pour flush toilets, soakage pit and septic tanks, VIP toilets, bathing places, laundry points (units)
- Construction of Tarpaulin sheet & wooden / bamboo supported parda walls for WASH facilities in camp situations
- Construction of single and twinset toilets
- Construction of latrines for PWDs with required ramp
- Construction of Septic Tanks and Soakage Pits
- Installation of electric / solar water coolers, 65 liters per hour
- Provision of drinking water supply through water tankers (per trip cost of 5,000 and 10,000 liters, within a radius of 5 kilometres – for emergencies responses e.g., new displacements and outbreaks)
- Installation of handpumps with new drilling, along with assembly and casing / delivery pipes
- Installation / replacements of handpumps on existing sources, with assembly and delivery pipes
- Development of intake chambers for gravity schemes
- Rehabilitation of pump chambers for tub wells
- Re-installation of pumping machinery for tube wells, 20,25,30,40 Horsepower
- Rehabilitation / Re-installation of pump chambers
- Installation of valve chambers
- Installation of handwashing pads with 300 gallons water tanks
- Construction of standposts with drains around it
- Construction of solid waste collection points
- De-silting of drains
- Rehab of Laundry & MHM WASH Facilities
- Decommissioning of camp WASH facilities
- New Visibility Signboards
- Construction of drains around facilities (9”x9”, 12”x12”, 12”x15”, 15”x15”, 15”x18”,18”x18”, 18”x24” and 24”x36”)
- New construction or rehabilitation of drinking water filtration units including the Reverse Osmosis, three stage filtration units with water chillers and chlorine units.
- New construction or rehabilitation or decommissioning of Pit toilet, Ventilated Improved Pit (VIP) toilets, bathing places in camps and communities.
- Any other construction and rehabilitation of civil, electrical, and plumbing work needed in communities.
- The following is the mandatory minimum criteria that must be demonstrated by any supplier to be considered:
- Evidence of valid and current license to provide Construction services in Pakistan.
- Contractor/ Vendor registration with Pakistan engineering council as contractor for civil services.
- At least 5 years of experience in WASH projects and civil works in specific provinces.
- Minimum five copies of the highest value contracts for similar assignment executed in the past five years.
- Reference letters(checks) for successful completion of minimum five projects (highest value) executed in the past three years with specific details to the location where they were completed.
- Reference of financial reports for the past 5 years.
- Clear indication of presence in any of these provinces i.e. Punjab, Balochistan, KP and Sindh, AJ&K and GB and preferred province for operation based on their existing capacity.
- Availability/confirmation of local setup.
- Organization resources like staffing and logistic capacity at the aforementioned provinces.
Submission of Expression of Interest
- Expression of Interest with all relevant supporting documents should be sent through courier (not by hand) to UNICEF Pakistan Country Office, Diplomatic Enclave, Street 5, Sector G5, Islamabad. The envelope should be marked “Expression of Interest for Construction Services – September 22”.
- Any supplier not meeting the minimum mandatory requirements or who do not submit all the required supporting documents will not be considered.
- The EOI does not constitute a solicitation. A bid or proposal is not required at this stage; they only seek your expression of interest to participate in a potential future tender.
- A response to this request for Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure that you will be selected to participate in the tender.
- UNICEF reserves the rights to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI or tender process.
- UNICEF also reserves the rights to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final tender document.
- UNICEF reserves the rights to reject any/all EOI’s without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
For more information, visit https://www.unicef.org/pakistan/documents/expression-interest-construction-wash-facilities