The Australian Embassy in Vienna calls for Expressions of Interest from NGOs in Bosnia and Herzegovina seeking small-grant funding under the 2022-23 Australian Direct Aid Program (DAP).
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed through the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) network of overseas Embassies. The program aims to support development projects that complement Australia’s broader aid program and contribute to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
Applicants may submit an Expression of Interest for a single project up to the amount of AUD 6,000 (Australian Dollars) for the 2022-23 Australian financial year (July 2022 – June 2023).
The DAP program in Bosnia and Herzegovina focuses on supporting small-scale development projects and activities.
- Expressions of Interest should clearly detail the expected developmental impact of the project in support of women’s empowerment, disability empowerment, education and/or human rights.
- Particular attention is given to projects providing direct benefits to those most in need in the local community.
- Projects should be self-contained, with a finite timeline of no more than six months, beginning no earlier than 1 November 2022 and concluding no later than 30 June 2023.
- Activities in which the recipient community makes a significant contribution in terms of labour, materials or cash are particularly well-received.
- Projects that might act as a catalyst for additional development of the community or a model for similar developments elsewhere will also be welcomed.
DAP funding is available on a not-for-profit basis to NGOs engaged in development activities focused on women’s empowerment, disability empowerment, education and/or human rights.
They will generally NOT fund the following:
- Cash grants or micro-credit schemes or projects that involve the return of money
- Commercial ventures, purchase of major assets, eg vehicles or land
- Australian or overseas study tours
- International travel
- Sponsorship of major sporting tournaments or cultural displays that do not have a clear developmental benefit
- Staff salaries
- Routine, recurring running costs and administrative expenses including office rental and utility costs, spare parts, routine maintenance.
For more information, visit https://austria.embassy.gov.au/vien/DAP2022-23.html