The FCDO invites proposals to deliver its Knowledge for Development and Diplomacy (K4D2) programme, that will expand decision-makers’ access to demand-led, rapid-turnaround evidence.
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) is running an accountable grant competition to find a non-profit organisation (or organisations) to deliver its new Knowledge for Development and Diplomacy (K4D2) programme.
Knowledge for Development and Diplomacy (K4D2) is intended to expand development and diplomacy decision-makers’ access to demand-led, rapid-turnaround evidence. The programme will deliver three new forms of rapid evidence support, complementing existing FCDO evidence services that meet medium- and longer-term evidence needs. These new forms of evidence support are:
- Rapid Evidence Reviews – written summaries of evidence – or literature reviews – which are produced within a few days or weeks, and to the best quality possible given the time constraints.
- Emerging Issues Reports – evidence summaries with slightly longer turnaround times and more resources, which summarise evidence in greater depth, and are used to explore emerging trends in a more speculative and forward-looking way.
- Expert Challenge Sessions – virtual or in-person sessions which bring together internal expertise with external challenge and expertise from academia, private sector and civil society, and take a cross-sectoral approach.
In addition to delivering these three forms of evidence support, K4D2 is expected to produce a range of learning products that supplement selected written evidence summaries, such as slide decks, infographics, videos, and presentations and meetings.
- FCDO is looking for an academic or research organisation with the capacity and expertise to:
- Establish a helpdesk service to receive and manage requests for evidence summaries from development and diplomacy decision-makers – and deliver high-quality Rapid Evidence Reviews and Emerging Issues Reports.
- Support identification and prioritisation of requests for Expert Challenge Sessions – and deliver successful online and in-person learning events.
- Deliver effective outreach across HMG’s development and diplomatic decision-makers to drive uptake of K4D2’s services.
- Build and maintain a flexible pool of experts with expertise across the range of FCDO’s development and diplomacy priorities and
- ability to respond rapidly to requests for Rapid Evidence Reviews, Emerging Issues Reports and Expert Challenge Sessions.
- Effectively manage financial and administrative elements of programme delivery, including performance monitoring and reporting.
- Agriculture, Climate change, Disabilities, Education, Empowerment and accountability, Environment, Girls and women, Health, Humanitarian emergencies/disasters, Innovation, Livelihoods, Peace and access to justice, Private sector/business, Research, Technology, Trade, Water and sanitation.
- Grant Amount: More than £1,000,000
- Eligible organisations: Non-governmental organisations (NGOs), UK-based non-profit organisations, Educational institutions, Organisations based in Low to Middle Income Countries (LMIC).
For more information, visit Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.