- To enhance the quality of life for youth on Salt Spring Island.
- To empower young people to take action on issues of concern.
- To support programs which encourage youth dignity, inclusiveness, fairness and equality.
- To promote a youth voice in the community.
- To increase opportunities for youth participation in the community.
- The FOY committee will distribute up to $10,000.
- Federally registered charities and qualified donees include all organizations that can issue official tax receipts according to the Revenue Canada Agency standards and the Income Tax Act.
- These include all registered charities, registered amateur athletic organizations, registered national arts service organizations, housing corporations constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged, school boards, and local governments.
- Each of these organizations will have been provided with a 15-digit number by the CRA.
How to Apply
Consider including information about project partnerships in the Project Description box. Also, consider indicating any in-kind resources (time, materials, contributions) that are not directly financial, but which partners will be contributing to your project, under section 10. Funding, on the application form.
For best results with the online form:
- Open the application by clicking “Apply Now”;
- Before you begin to fill in the online application form, create a word processing document to compose your answers for the long answer sections;
- Save the document regularly to your local hard drive;
- You may open the application form as many times as you like while you are doing this process;
- Compile your supporting documents in a digital folder for this application, so they are ready to upload;
- When you are ready to enter All of the content of your application, please aim to do it all at once;
- If you must leave and you are not ready to submit, click “Save and Continue Later”;
- You will be emailed a link to continue the application entry process at another sitting;
- Important: Allow 3 hours to pass before clicking on the link, for the server to update your latest content;
- If you click the link and your latest content is missing, do NOT click Save and Continue Later – simply close the window;
- Close the browser and try again in an hour.
For more information, visit https://ssifoundation.ca/foundation-of-youth-grants/