The U.S. Embassy in Timor-Leste through the public affairs section announces an open competition for organizations and individuals to submit applications to carry out programs that strengthen the U.S.-Timorese partnership, bolster good governance, including through strengthened civic participation and media reporting, and expand economic prosperity, opportunity, and engagement.
Priority Program Areas
- General priority program areas are:
- U.S.-Timorese Partnership: Activities that advance the bilateral relationship between the United States and Timor-Leste.
- Democratic Values: Activities that promote the democratic values that underpin the U.S. – Timorese partnership, including but not limited to civic participation of emerging leaders and marginalized groups, human rights, rule of law, freedom of expression, gender equality, and LGBTQI+ rights.
- Media Reporting: Activities that strengthen Timorese media reporting capacity, free and independent media development, media literacy, and efforts to counter misinformation, disinformation, and propaganda.
- U.S. Education and Exchange: Activities that widen access to U.S. higher education and exchange opportunities, including through English language learning.
- Economic Prosperity and Opportunity: Activities that empower youth- and women-led efforts to strengthen competitiveness.
- Audience: All applications must identify the target audience of the program and estimate audience reach through direct contact, and if possible, through indirect contact via social or traditional media.
- Length of performance period: Up to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: Multiple
- Award amounts: Between $2,000 and $20,000
- Anticipated programs start date: Flexible
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- U.S. and foreign non-profit entities
- U.S. and foreign universities
- Foreign public entities
- Projects relating to partisan political activity
- For-profit activities
- Charitable or development activities
- Construction projects
- Projects that support specific religious activities
- Fundraising campaigns
- Lobbying for specific legislation or projects
- Academic and scientific research
- Individual exchange programs
For more information, visit U.S. Embassy in Timor-Leste.