The European Commission (EC) is pleased to announce a funding call for its grant programme entitled “Assistance, Support and Integration of Third Country National Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings”.
This call aims at strengthening the actions of relevant stakeholders in the context of the implementation of the EU Anti-trafficking Directive, in particular in relation to the provisions on the protection of the victims.
The call is expected to contribute to the enhanced assistance, support, protection and integration of third-country nationals victims of trafficking in human beings in order to address the challenges identified in the Commission’s Third progress report and in line with the EU Strategy on Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings 2021-2025.
The specific objectives of the call are to:
- Facilite the early identification of third-country national victims of trafficking in human beings, including in the context of asylum and international protection procedures;
- Provide appropriate assistance and support to victims of trafficking in human beings considering their specific needs, their personal circumstances, such as their age and sex, and the physical and psychological consequences of the form/s of exploitation they have been subjected to;
With the contribution of the above, facilitate durable solutions for:
- the integration of third-country national victims of trafficking, including children, in the host society that take into account the individual needs of the victims and aimed at preventing re-trafficking or
- the safe and sustainable voluntary return of third-country national victims of trafficking that build upon appropriate risk assessments and prevent their re-trafficking.
The available call budget is EUR 4 000 000.
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
be legal entities:
- Public bodies
- Non-profit-making private entities
be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs), excluding Denmark)
- countries associated to the AMIF or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature
For more information, visit European Commission.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3BzBTzB