Applications are now invited for Africa ClimAccelerator Programme that focuses on supporting the most promising climate impact ideas and those who put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
The Africa ClimAccelerator is a 6-month long programme, targeting 15 innovative, climate focused early stage ventures in Africa.
Climate change is a huge topic! They are looking for innovation across a variety of sectors, but to make sure that your start-up matches well with their vision, you will need to address at least one of Climate-KIC’s Impact Goals:
- Goal 1: Promote retrofit and decentralised energy
- Goal 2: Nurture nature-based resilience for cities
- Goal 3: Accelerate sustainable urban mobility
- Goal 4: Make agriculture climate-smart
- Goal 5: Reform foodsystems
- Goal 6: Nurture forests in integrated landscapes
- Goal 7: Build circular material flows
- Goal 8: Reduce industry emissions
- Goal 9: Reboot regional economies
- Goal 10: Mainstream climate in financial markets
- Receive up to €12,000 in grant funding, and access to follow-on funding opportunities
- Maximise your climate and social impact: Use their bespoke tools to measure, monitor, and maximise your climate and social impact
- Access to specialised business knowledge and expertise: ttend customized workshops and trainings to accelerate your startup by experts from across Climate-KIC, GrowthAfrica, and the Carbon Trust
- Access a network of business and technical mentors: One-to-one sessions with experienced mentors active across the climate innovation ecosystem
- Peer-to-peer learning: Learn from and partner with high-growth climate startups from across Africa
- Connect with investors: Receive financial readiness support and connecting with the climate investors most active across the continent
- Join a growing community: Connect with leading actors and partners in the fast-growing climate tech ecosystem in Africa and internationally
- Start-ups developing a transformative climate solution that bring a social and environmental value in the themes of land use, circular economy, blue economy, energy efficiency or other climate themes.
- Start-ups must be registered or plan to register (by end of the program) in any African country
- Proof of concept exists, (ideally) with a proven need for the solution, main pain points mapped, feedback/ validations already received from potential customers, a tested prototype/minimum viable product created, and a roadmap designed.
- At least 1 member of the team being fulltime on the business/project
- The team/start-up should be committed to participate in the programme activities.
- The team/start-up is expected to be able to participate in a programme fully delivered in English.
For more information, visit https://africaclimaccelerator.com/benefits/