Applications are now open for Geelong Community Foundation grants to fund projects and programs for the benefit of the broader Geelong community.
The Foundation's key priority is to support programs and projects that have been identified by organizations to address current issues and challenges in the broader Geelong region and impact positively upon the lives of the people within their community.
The Foundation will prioritize funding where the need is the greatest and where strategic solutions have been developed.
Grants must be for projects or programs that are delivered in the Geelong region. The Geelong region is defined by the boundaries of the City of Greater Geelong, the Borough of Queenscliffe, the Surf Coast Shire and southern part of Golden Plains Shires.
Impact areas for their funded programs include:
- Aged care;
- Community well-being;
- Education and training;
- Heritage and arts;
- Research and innovation;
2023-24 Grant Application Options (organizations can apply only once)
Small Grant Application – $1,000 to $15,000
- For the first time, the Foundation has introduced a small grant application option. This process will support organizations seeking funding between $1,000 and $15,000. The application requirements for small grants require less information than the main grant program.
- Application for a small grant will support one-off activity which can be completed within 12 months.
Main Grant Application – $15,000 to $50,000
- Organizations applying in the main grant round will be seeking funds over $15,000 and up to $50,000. A small number of multi-year applications will be considered in the main grant program;
- To optimize a multi-year application between $15,000 and up to $50,000, contact with Gail Rodgers, CEO is highly recommended.
Main Grant Application – Large – $50,000 to $100,000
- A small number of large grant applications will be considered. The amount sought will be over $50,000 and up to $100,000. A small number of multi-year large grant applications will be considered in the large main grant program;
- Organisations applying for large grants over $50,000 and up to $100,000 will be required to present their case for funding at a face-to-face interview with members of the Foundation Grants Committee;
- To optimize outcomes, they recommend contact with Gail Rodgers, CEO to discuss large and Multi-year grant applications.
- Applications are invited from community organisations which are either endorsed as Deductible Gift Recipients 1 or with Income Tax Exemption as a Tax Concession Charity;
- Organisations that are funded predominantly by state government, i.e. public hospitals, public schools etc., are ineligible to apply. If you are unsure of your status, please contact them before you commence your application;
- Grants must be for projects or programs that are delivered in the Geelong region. The Geelong region is defined by the boundaries of the City of Greater Geelong, the Borough of Queenscliffe, the Surf Coast Shire and southern part of Golden Plains Shires.
For more information, visit Geelong Community Foundation .