The German Embassy Gaborone is inviting applications for Small-Scale Projects for Development and Cooperation 2021. Under this scheme swift and direct financial assistance can be provided to NGOs, local communities, state institutions and religious institutions for the implementation of a micro-project for the benefit of disadvantaged groups of society.
Particular consideration will be given to the gender equality policy of the project (e.g. providing equal access to resources such as education, information, income, energy, drinking water and infrastructure, as well as tangibly improving women’s lives in the project area).
There has to be a direct and concrete impact for the beneficiaries with a sustainability of the whole measure exceeding the immediate project time-frame. To illustrate the scope of possibilities, a list of examples is given below:
- Procurement and manufacture of protective masks to create job opportunities for people who are in financial need due to Covid-19.
- Disinfectants, medication, protective clothing, medical devices or food supplies for hospitals, children’s homes, prisons or other facilities.
- Support of poor and disabled people with hygiene kits and food.
- Support of schools for the severely disabled in the expansion of barrier-free sanitary facilities.
- Training measures in the area of hygiene or pandemic control.
- For each selected small-scale project funding is available ranging from 5,000 – 10,000 EUR which should be used to support measures to combat and alleviate the consequences of Covid-19.
Federal budgetary regulations require the following conditions to be observed:
- The implementing agency must be an experienced, qualified and reliable organization, preferably a non-governmental organization (NGO) registered under the Societies Registration Act;
- Personnel, administrative and running costs (overhead costs) cannot be financed;
- The implementing agency must be in a position to finance running costs (if applicable);
- A counterpart contribution in cash or kind is required from the implementing agency;
- Project proposals should be accompanied by a financial plan and at least two competitive quotations/estimates (in Pula) for each item for which the grant is requested;
- Implementation of the project without delay after conclusion of the project agreement.
- The project needs to be concluded and all funds accounted for in the same calendar year;
- It is not possible under German law to finance a project which is co-sponsored by any other organization that receives contributions from the Federal Budget (e.g. European Union, United Nations).
For more information, visit https://gaborone.diplo.de/bw-en/themen/weitere-themen/wz-kleinstprojekte/1602100?openAccordionId=item-1602082-0-panel