The German Embassy in Amman offers local organizations in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan the chance to secure support for their micro-projects. The micro-project scheme is part of Germany’s overall development co-operation that contributes to poverty alleviation and improvement of living standards, to cover the basic needs of the poorest social classes, especially in rural areas.
For the funding period of 2021, the Embassy welcomes projects that promote the Sustainable Development Goals contained in UN’s Agenda 2030. In line with SDG 5, are especially looking forward to applications by civil society organizations and organizations aimed at supporting and empowering women and girls.
Information related to funding
- The local organization has to also contribute financially within its ability to the project and be in a position to maintain/finance the running costs / follow-ups following the completion of the project.
- Materials required for the implementation must be procured locally. The maintenance of technical equipment procured within the framework of the micro-project has to be guaranteed even after the project has concluded.
- Funded expenses must be verified by collecting three quotations from three different provides. Should the service by provided by one single provider, then this must be documented.
- Financial assistance shall only be used for project-related costs. Administrative expenses such as salaries, office expenses, utilities, travel, meals, accommodations and related expenses are not to be funded under the Micro projects Scheme. Contingencies are also ineligible for funding.
Possible areas of funding and examples of eligible projects:
- Healthcare and sanitation (Extension/equipping of washrooms, financing of equipment for old people’s homes/children’s homes, wheelchairs for disabled people’s homes);
- Education and vocational training (Renewal of a school roof, construction/repair of a school building, purchase of furniture for schools, purchase of a simple photocopier);
- Improvement of income and nutrition (especially agriculture) and environmental protection (Plant for energy generation through biogas production, renewable energy sources, Purchase of small agricultural equipment, Purchasing equipment to organize workshops on nutrition);
- Infrastructure (water supply for planting activities, energy supply/purchasing of income generating articles e.g. sewing machines).
- The German Embassy in Amman can only support projects of local organizations (nongovernmental organization, local associations, faith based organizations etc.).
- Applications by local individuals cannot be considered. Only projects that cannot be funded through own resources are eligible for funding through the German Embassy.
- The project has to be a self-contained measure, and must not result in recurring obligations for the German Embassy in Amman.
- Previously funded local partners could re-apply.
- Examples of not eligible projects: granting loans/grants into a credit fund, purchasing a land, procurement of equipment for governmental ministries and authorities, information brochures for European tourists, administrative expenses such as salaries.
- Application should be submitted in German or in English and must include the following documents:
- Application form signed by two persons responsible for the project (in English);
- Detailed financial plan and cost estimates (in English);
- The financial plan should include a structural overview of income and expenditure in regards to the organization which applies for the funding. The plan should explain in detail on how the contribution of the German Embassy would benefit the completion of the project. The financial plan should also include any other third party funding in binding and numerical form. Please view in the application form “Number 6 – Financial Plan” for further details;
- If applicable, a statement mentioning previous donor assistance.
- Once a project has selected for funding, a grant agreement is signed between the recipient organization and the German Embassy. The contract will contain all necessary legal securities.
- The recipient shall assume full legal and supervisory responsibilities for the effective implementation of the project.
- The recipient shall not significantly deviate from the application form, finance plan and objectives of the submitted proposal without the prior written consent of the German Embassy.
- The Embassy must be immediately informed if it becomes apparent that the intended purpose cannot be achieved or is not attainable with the allocation received (e.g. due to an increase in prices).
- Following the completion of the project, all original invoices, numerical evidence and a case report must be submitted by your organization within three months.
- In case of failing to finalize the project as agreed, the organization will have to repay the granted amount of money. The same obligation arises if the intended purpose of the project is not achieved or if any conditions of the contract are violated.
For more information, visit https://amman.diplo.de/jo-de/themen/ez-wz/-/2105426