With this joint call, Vinnova is offering public funding for joint R&D projects between Swedish and German small and medium-sized enterprises in this call up to 499 employees.
The aim of the call is to create the conditions to initiate joint R&D projects to develop products, technology-based services or methods within all technological and application areas, which will in subsequent steps generate sustainable solutions with market potential and potential to address societal challenges.
- Vinnova and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) intend to support joint German-Swedish research and development projects (R&D projects) in order to develop innovative products, processes or technical services from all technology and application areas. Funding will be available for R&D projects in which new products, technical services or processes will in subsequent steps generate sustainable solutions with high market potential.
- In Germany, funding is provided through the Central Innovation Programme for SMEs (ZIM). In Sweden, funding is provided through the national funding programme for SMEs with German cooperation partners.
- Vinnova, the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems, and AiF Project GmbH, ZIM project management agency on behalf of the BMWi, will assist the project partners with basic information during the submission of project proposals, in the evaluation and in the implementation phase.
Financing: Eligible project participants from Germany and Sweden will finance their costs from the funding schemes applicable for this call set by Vinnova and the German funding programme ZIM and complementarily from their own resources. Provision of funding from one funding agency will neither indicate that funding from the other funding agency will be provided, nor bind the other national scheme in its provision of funds to the eligible project participants.
- You can apply for up to SEK 3 million. Companies that apply are expected to co-finance their eligible costs according to the state aid rules.
What can you apply for?
- The activities for which you are seeking funding should be research and development activities within the EU definition of industrial research and experimental development.
- Project results will have to contribute to the development of commercial products, processes and/ or technology-based services. The project proposals have to comply with the following guidelines:
- The partners must include at least one Swedish and one German SME.
- Participation of further research organisations and other companies are welcome as additional partners or subcontractors according to each country’s funding schemes.
- Companies and/or research organisations from other countries may also participate. These partners’ participation is neither funded by Vinnova nor ZIM. They have to be included into the Proposal Application Form
- The project should focus on the development of new products, technical services or processes which will in subsequent steps generate solutions with high market and commercialisation potential.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and differentiated value proposition resulting from the cooperation between the participants from the two countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure, new fields of application, etc.).
- Project duration should in principal not exceed 2 years and should not begin later than September 1st, 2023.
- The project should demonstrate a balanced technological contribution by the participants from both countries and must be equally significant to all participants.
- In a project with two cooperating partners, no partner may contribute more than 70% of total person months to the project.
- In a project with more than two cooperating partners, no partner may contribute more than 50% of total person months.
- All research organizations involved in the consortium may altogether not contribute more than 50% of the total person months.
- Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria may apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3M2uY77