The Global Challenges Local Solutions (GCLS) Grant Competition is now open to support community foundations throughout Europe to address global challenges on the local level, focusing on initiatives referring directly to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Their goal in this GCLS Special Grant Round is to support the aforementioned activities of community foundations in their area of operation (local area activities). If these activities result in further aid going directly to Ukraine, they must not, under any circumstances, violate economic sanctions imposed by the United States government in response to actions in the Crimea region of Ukraine.
- Global Challenges Local Solutions European Grant Competition (Competition) is organized by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland (ADPP) within the Global Challenges Local Solutions Program.
- The Global Challenges Local Solutions (GCLS) Special Grant Round is financed by the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
- The Special GCLS Grant Round Competition was established in order to support community foundations dealing with refugee crisis caused by war in Ukraine.
- The total amount of up to 300 000 USD will be awarded within the Special GCLS Grant Round.
- Applicants can apply for the grant up to 15 000 USD
Submitted projects may include such activities as:
- supporting local communities accepting refugees
- integration and adaptation activities for people arriving from Ukraine such as: legal, educational, psychological assistance
- assistance to refugees from Ukraine and help in organizing their stay in the country, e.g. coordinating humanitarian aid
- contact, coordination and information points
- purchase of equipment for the duration of their stay in the country, such as: clothing, cleaning supplies, home furnishings
- organization of collections (financial and in-kind)
- coordination of assistance and volunteer work for refugees
- promotional and media activities
- grant competitions to be organized locally
- institutional support for CFs that channel assistance to refugees from Ukraine (CFs operating costs, costs of developing CF’s cooperation with municipalities, business and social partners)
- Applications to the Competition may be submitted only by community foundations (Applicants), registered and operating in the following countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City.
- However, applications from countries bordering Ukraine, i.e. Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and other countries which are facing the refugee crisis the most, will be prioritized.
- Only foundations and associations are eligible to apply for the grant.
For more information, visit https://www.localsolutionsfund.org/european-grant-competition/