The Government of Japan invites to apply for the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP) in fiscal year 2021 (April 2021 – March 2022). Reflecting the Japanese Government’s strong commitment to uphold the concept of “Human Security”, GGP program intends to contribute to improvements in various fields including education, health, infrastructure, as well as other sectors.
The overall goal of GGP is to enhance the wellbeing of people at the grassroots level, based on the concept of human security.
Project Focus Areas
- Primary Health Care, Neonatal Care, Rehabilitation for People with Disabilities, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS, Health and Nutrition, Prevention of Communicable/Non-communicable Diseases
Note: The priority is given to the projects which are in line with Japanese Assistance Policy for the Republic of Armenia.
- Maximum grant amount: JPY 10,000,000 (approximately US$ 92,592 in FY 2021. However, the projects with less budget and more beneficiaries would be welcomed
- Implementation period: No longer than 12 months.
- Within the territory of Armenia (They do not accept any applications from outside of Armenia).
Eligible Applicants and Information
- Non-profit organizations, including:
- Non-Government Organizations (NGOs: including International NGOs working in Armenia)
- Local Municipalities
- Educational Institutions
- Medical Institutions.
- Mandatory experience: Minimum 2 years of legal and practical experience
- Recipients shall have minimum 2 years of activities with stable financial status (If you think your organization lacks of experiences, it would be recommended to find partner NGO (organization) those who have accumulated more than your organization has and that organization would apply for the GGP to complement the lack of the experience of your organization).
- Although local governments including municipalities are eligible for applying, the value-added tax (VAT) is not exempted under the current legislation. In case they would like to apply, we recommend to find a partner NGO which will be the applicant of the GGP so that the VAT will be exempted (Otherwise, the local governments or municipalities will be requested to cover the additional 20% of the GGP total budget by their own expenses as the VAT).
For more information, visit https://www.am.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/b_000195.html