The GGP aims to bring direct and immediate impact on the well-being of disadvantaged communities at a grass-roots level by supporting relatively small development projects to be implemented by Non-Profit Organisations (NPOs).
- The GGP mainly covers tangible improvement, such as constructing classroom blocks at primary and secondary schools, and improving fundamental medical equipment at hospitals etc.
- The following areas are not financed by the GGP
- Projects for assisting research at advanced academic institutions, sponsorship/ scholarship
- Projects for improving the capacities of the recipient organization itself
- Projects that are limited to commercial activities and creation of employment of particular individuals and organisations, and where the direct benefits on grass-roots activities are uncertain
- Projects that are not closely related to economic and social development (such as culture, arts, and sports related projects)
- Projects with a political or missionary purpose or the intention of military use
- Even if a project is eligible for the GGP, consumables, small fixtures, and running and maintenance costs of facilities and equipment, etc., are not financed.
- The standard limit is NAD 950,000.00. The amount is subject to change due to the inevitable fluctuation of the exchange rates.
- The items such as followings can be covered by GGP:
- Materials and labour cost for construction of buildings
- Purchase of equipment which is essential for the project implementatfion
- Transportation cost for approved items
- Skills training necessary for the project (e.g. training on new equipment introduced through the approved GGP).
- External audit fee.
- Registered NPOs may apply with a copy of the NPO registration certificate attached to the application form. NPOs here include non-governmental organisations, community-based organisations, education institutions, medical institutions and local governments.
- The site of a proposed project must be located within Namibia.
- The applicant organisation must have at least 3 (three) years’ experiences in the sector of the proposed project.
- The applicant organisation is required to have established stable foundations in terms of finance, human resources, project management etc. Therefore, newly established organisations, pilot projects, initial start-up costs etc. won’t be supported by GGP.
- Only one (1) application will be considered per organisation.
- Individuals or private companies are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit GGP.