The Kingston Charitable Foundation has invited applications for its Grants Programme 2021 to assist organisations working locally in the Royal Borough of Kingston.
The focus of Kingston Charitable Foundation Grants Programme 2021 is on supporting small local charities that are working at the centre of the community, helping alleviate hardship.
You can apply for a grant of £500 to fund a project/activities that make a difference to the lives of children, young people, adults and older people who live in the Royal Borough of Kingston and are experiencing hardship, for example by:
- Focusing on finding and implementing solutions to hardship they have identified.
- Applications may be from single organisations or from organisations working in partnership.
Each month they will be accepting applications from small organisations working at a grassroots level to assist people suffering as a consequence of the pandemic.
- Kingston Charitable Foundation Grants Programme 2021 will award £1500 per month to organisations doing excellent work locally in the community.
- This £1500 will on average be split into 3 grants of £500 each however if there are not 3 good applications or indeed if one is better than the others then the panel (Donor Subgroup) reserves the right to approve a different split.
As they expect the fund to be oversubscribed, they will take account of the following:
- The potential impact of the work you are proposing to undertake (either in terms of achievable outcomes, numbers of people reached, and/or particular target groups or the wider community ‘social value’).
- The capacity/resources of your organisation to deliver the work you propose and achieve the outcomes within two months of receipt of funding.
- The inclusion of a realistic budget for the work.
What They Won’t Fund:
- Capital costs or building or renovation works.
- Religious activity.
- Activities that have already taken place.
- Contribution to vehicle costs.
- Donations to other charities.
- Incomplete applications.
- Your project must benefit children, young people, adults and/or older people living, working, or studying in the Royal Borough of Kingston.
- You must have a Constitution (‘Set of Rules’), a bank account in your organisation’s name with two signatories and a document outlining your financial procedures.
- You must involve the children, young people, adults and/or older people in the design/delivery/steering of your project/organisation.
- Your charity must have an annual income of under £100,000.
For more information, visit https://www.lovekingston.org.uk/creating-change/grants-2019/