The European Union, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (Danida), the African Development Bank (AfDB) and Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) have launched a call for proposals for the AgriBiz’s Decent jobs for Youth and Women in Agricultural Value Chains programme.
- Women and Youth led businesses:
- Women Entrepreneur (s) (of any age) in Agribusiness and Womenled Agribusinesses (minimum shareholding of 51%).
- Youth Entrepreneur (s) (aged between 18-35 years) in Agribusiness and youth led Agribusinesses (minimum shareholding of 51%).
- Categories of applicants:
- Individuals: Any woman or youth, involved in a commercially viable agribusiness
- Community Based Organization (CBO) or Self-Help Group (SHG): Must com prize of community members who are registered under a Self-Help Group (SHG) or a Community Based Organization (CBO) carrying out commercially viable business activities within the agricultural value chain. Majority of the members (above 80%) must be either women or youth (aged between 18-35 years) with the main leadership positions being held by either women or youth.
- SMEs: Small and Medium Enterprises established with commercially viable business ideas within the agricultural value chain. The business should be operational and generating revenues with an employee base of at least 5 people.
- Nationality and Location:
- The applicant must be a Kenyan citizen
- The Agribusiness must be located within the 47 counties of Kenya.
- Agribusiness and agribusiness ideas:
- Applicants must be engaged in legal business
- All Agribusinesses must be Agribusiness Ideas, or an early / growth stage, with no specific year range.
- Applicants must demonstrate that their Agribusiness is set up, or in the case of an Agribusiness Idea will be set up and based in Kenya.
- Applicants are solely responsible for the structure of the Agribusiness and the team members within it.
- Agricultural, fisheries and livestock value chain actors engaged along the value chain are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limit d to input providers, processors, producers, transporters, marketers and aggregators etc.
For more information, visit https://agribiz.kenyacic.org/apply/