The European Commission (EC) is accepting proposals for the Grants for Innovative foundations, floating substructures and connection systems for floating PV and ocean energy devices.
- Test and validate the potential benefits of new circular materials in offshore floating PV and/or ocean energy substructures, foundations and if relevant mooring and anchoring systems whilst ensuring structural integrity and durability considering very high wind (speed >25 m/s), current (>1.2 m/s) and wave (height >14 m) loads and corrosion and biofouling on all elements of the ocean energy systems.
- Test and validate new prototype components and materials used in offshore floating PV and/or ocean energy devices and verify that they are compatible with and resistant to the marine environment.
- Research material properties and behaviour in combination with the use of improved predictive computational modelling tools.
- Research, develop and validate improved predictive computational modelling tools for material properties.
- public bodies (entities established as a public body under national law, including local, regional or national authorities) or international organisations; and
- cases where the individual requested grant amount is not more than EUR 60 000 (lowvalue grant).
- Improved overall life time, reliability, installability, operability and maintainability of marine substructures, mechanical joints and energy connection systems for ocean energy devices and/or offshore floating PV to reduce degradation and failure rates and thus investment risk.
- Better understanding of the device’s real life performance allowing a safe reduction in the over-engineering of devices’ specifications.
- Reduction of LCOE in line with the SET Plan targets (actions should clearly justify estimated LCOE at project start and end, using a recognised calculation methodology).
- Contribution to the objectives of the Mission Healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters.
- the Member States of the European Union, including their outermost regions;
- the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) linked to the Member States;
- eligible non-EU countries:
- countries associated to Horizon Europe;
- low- and middle-income countries.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3jLjjNI