In addition to funding, Glimmer seeks to offer or introduce professional mentorship opportunities, as well as fund suitable trainings and workshops for those partner organizations that are awarded grants.
- Hunger/Food Insecurity
- Jobs & Income
Type of Grants
Glimmer|Austin offers three types of grants:
- Early Stage, Seed grants: These are one-year grants of up to $20,000 invested in startup and/or early-stage nonprofits who have shown potential and momentum and are looking for funding and support to get off the ground or expand. Equally this funding is available for new programs within established organizations.
- Growth grants: This is a new area for Glimmer|Austin. They are looking to identify those leaders and programs that have the capacity to grow and need resources to do so. In addition to funding, Glimmer seeks to offer or introduce professional mentorship opportunities, as well as fund suitable trainings and workshops.
- Strategic Grants: These are less frequent, usually larger, multi-year grants that are usually made in conjunction with Donor Partners who co-fund the grant.
Glimmer|Austin does not fund or support
- Grants to individuals.
- Political causes.
- Cultural exchange programs.
- Travel or scholarship assistance.
- General operating funds.
- Construction projects; hardware upgrades or labs.
- Fundraising events; mass mailings; advertising projects.
- Attendance of professional conferences and symposia.
- Out-of-state performances or competition expenses.
- Academic or scientific research.
- Religious organizations, unless the program contains no bias to any particular religion and is open to the entire community without regard to religious believe.
- Organizations that are seeking funding must be a certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
For more information, visit https://glimmeraustin.org/apply/