The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) is launching a call for small project proposals on exploring various forms of radicalisation, extremism, hate speech and far right groups that have links with the Balkans.
Grants are offered to ten journalists, artists, academia or civil society activists that will have an opportunity to develop a concept that tackles these topics with the multidisciplinary approach.
Ten grantees will be selected on the basis of submitted applications. Grantees are expected to produce one project based on the proposal they submitted.
- A maximum of 10 grants is awarded
- Maximum amount per grant: EUR 2,000.00
- Project duration: 6 months
- Propose a plan for using various platforms, including how to reach targeted audience
- Give a clear overview of their timeline
- Each applicant may submit only one application under this grant scheme.
Main focus of project proposals should be on exploring far right symbols, radical groups and extremist ideologies in local communities of the Balkan countries, their connections and cooperation with other similar groups, especially those in Europe and Middle East, the role of diaspora communities, disinformation efforts and online hubs.
For more information, visit https://birn.eu.com/news-and-events/call-for-applications-grants-for-small-projects-focusing-on-far-right-extremism/