The District of Muskoka announces Social Services Relief Fund (SSRF) to provide financial assistance to community groups that offer essential services such as food and shelter programs or other necessary programs to help vulnerable populations during COVID-19.
The SSRF is a direct result of COVID-19 and is supported by the Province of Ontario through the District’s Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative (CHPI).
The District supports the enhancement of community well-being with a focus on improving a positive quality of life for our most vulnerable population.
One way of helping to achieve this goal is through community-funded programs.
- Up to $10,000.
To receive the SSRF, all applicants must:
- Already operate as a recognized group or program in the community, or be identified as a required support/service in relation to COVID-19;
- Already operating as a partner to the District with respect to providing services and supports through the Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative (CHPI) or be able to provide supports during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Have identified the need for additional funds to support food programs or other necessary programs to help vulnerable populations during COVID-19;
- Have the capacity to utilize the funding requested in an urgent manner, to support vulnerable residents during COVID-19;
- Be able to strengthen and enhance the well-being of our community members who are in need during the COVID-19 crisis;
- Be of benefit to Muskoka residents, in particular, vulnerable groups including seniors, homeless, low-income, people with disabilities or mobility issues, youth, etc.; and
- Be able to commit to reporting requirements as outlined in the application.
For more information, visit https://www.engagemuskoka.ca/muskoka-community-grants