The NSW Government is pleased to announce the Minor Capital Fund to support the creation of additional preschool places through smaller-scale extensions or renovations and/or the recalculation of unencumbered space for centre-based community preschool and long day care services in areas of need and demand across NSW.
- The Minor Capital Fund must also contribute to the following objectives:
- Maximize the number of preschool places available for preschool-aged children to attend at least 600 hours per year or 15 hours per week of quality preschool education.
- Ensure the continued operation of the service to deliver preschool places throughout the five-year compliance period.
- Support ongoing management of the service in line with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Where possible, leverage funds from sources external to the department, including private finance, charitable donations and grants from other state and federal government agencies.
- The Minor Capital Fund provides grants of up to $100,000
What can be funded by the Grant?
- Project management costs
- Planning and design costs
- Soil hygienist reports
- Removal of contaminates on project sites (e.g. asbestos/arsenic), as long as it is within scope of the State’s financial contribution to the project
- Site preparation, including clearing or demolition
- Construction and commissioning
- Fixed fittings and fixed equipment
- Costs to engage a certified building practitioner to re-calculate unencumbered space
- Contingency (to a reasonable value).
- To be eligible for funding, applicants must meet each of the following:
- Be registered or incorporated in Australia;
- Be a not-for-profit organisation/association, or a local government entity; and
- Operate an education and care service in NSW that delivers preschool education, as an Approved provider with a valid Service Approval.
- Round 2 will also be open to not-for-profit long day care providers and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations who intends to increase licensed places for the delivery of a preschool program for preschool-aged children.
- For-profit organisations are not eligible to apply for Minor Capital Fund grants.
- Only applications from eligible applicants will progress to assessment against the assessment criteria.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3h4xX3J