The Hertfordshire Community Foundation (HCF) is seeking applications to support the needs of those recently arrived from Afghanistan. This includes but is not limited to issues around mental health, community integration and cohesion, employability skills, and family support.
Grants Available: Up to £5,000
What can be funded?
The HCF panel is happy to consider a wide range of requests including:
- Staffing costs
- Capital equipment
- Project costs
- Volunteer costs
- Applications can include a reasonable contribution to overheads
HCF are looking for projects that:
- Are meeting an identified need, in this case one addressing issues faced by the recent Afghan arrivals.
- Can demonstrate how the money requested will help them to make a positive difference (i.e. have clear objectives and outcomes).
- Are well thought through and costed appropriately.
- Are well connected to the communities they serve.
- Will be able to spend the funding requested within 12 months of the grant being awarded.
In order to apply to the HCF Large Grants, your organisation must fulfil the criteria:
- The group must be a not for profit, charity, community or voluntary group with a written constitution or governing document
- The governing document must include the groups aims or purpose, objectives and a dissolution clause or asset lock which states what would happen to any funds should the group have to close.
- The group must be governed by a voluntary trustee or management committee with a minimum of three members, at least two of whom must be unrelated.
- The group must have a bank account in its own name, with at least two unrelated signatories
- The group must have all the relevant policies in place for its work, including Equality, Diversity and Safeguarding.
- The group must be working to meet the needs of the local community in Hertfordshire
- The group must be based in Hertfordshire, or be able to show specifically how the funding they are applying for will benefit people in the county.
For more information, visit https://www.hertscf.org.uk/afghansupport