The new Nesta and UKRI funds aim to support companies between Seed stage and Series A offering solutions that increase healthy life expectancy and reduce health inequalities. Nesta is particularly looking to invest in start-ups that are focused on reducing loneliness – for instance for those transitioning to living in care – or supporting people to remain in productive work in later life, which is crucial to quality of life.
Nesta is a champion of diversity, equality and inclusion – it encourages applications from founders of all backgrounds and, likewise, diverse teams.
Please apply if your company has a UK presence, is an existing SME at Seed to Series A stage and addresses one of the UKRI themes below:
- sustaining physical activity
- maintaining health at work
- designing for age-friendly homes
- managing common complaints of ageing
- living well with cognitive impairment
- supporting social connections
- creating healthy and active places
Within these, Nesta’s key mission areas of interest are:
- maintaining independence for longer
- supporting social connections, particularly at life transitions
- extending productive working lives
You can apply for between £250k and £1M of equity investment capital from Nesta Impact Investments.
Nesta is looking to invest in start-ups and scale-ups that are focused on reskilling older people to reduce later years unemployment – further perpetuated by the ongoing pandemic – as well as solutions that can keep people healthy and independent for longer.
For more information, visit https://nestainvestments.org.uk/healthy-ageing/