The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam announces a procedure for the acceptance and selection of proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant through the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial implementation period in 2022.
- Creating conditions for quality and accessible education through: raising teachers’ professional qualification, modernising training and teaching programmes and teaching tools, encouraging the establishment of international links and exchanges between educational institutions, introducing modern technological innovations in educational institutions, procurement of equipment, etc.;
- Support for vulnerable groups, such as people with disabilities or migrant women to major cities in Vietnam, etc., for acquiring professional and social skills; protection of children’s rights;
- Encouraging the establishment of mechanisms and favourable conditions for equal participation of women and girls in peace and security-related processes, as well as the economic, social and cultural life; support and assistance to vulnerable groups of women and girls; improving women’s access to healthcare;
- Providing quality healthcare and prevention through: modernisation of medical equipment, development of the administrative capacity of the healthcare sector, increasing preparedness for public health emergencies, exchange of good practices in the field of healthcare, disease prevention, incl. of zoonotic diseases, traditional medicine;
- Creating conditions for enhancing the economic connectivity between Bulgaria and Vietnam, e.g. by holding seminars on exchange of information on business opportunities under the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement, incl. in a hybrid/online format, acquaintance with the market access rules and opportunities, harmonisation of customs standards, phytosanitary control, support for inclusive entrepreneurship, etc.
Priority Areas for Project Implementation on the territory of Vietnam:
- Providing for inclusive and quality education;
- Promoting gender equality and inclusive development;
- Improving the quality of healthcare;
- Enhancing economic connectivity and creating conditions for sustainable economic development; supporting inclusive entrepreneurship and promoting the implementation of EU standards (including under the Team Europe initiative).
- Minimal amount of the project is 5 000 BGN.
- Recommended maximum project funding amount:
- for projects with main purpose to deliver goods and/or services up to 70 000 BGN;
- for projects with main purpose to carry out repairs and/or construction activities – up to 150000 BGN.
- Co-financing of project activities provided by the applicant will be considered an advantage in the evaluation, selection and approval of the projects.
- Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for implementation after March 1, 2022 and no later than November 30, 2022.
- Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2024.
- Strengthening the international contribution and image of the Republic of Bulgaria, expanding opportunities for knowledge transfer and exchange of good practices between Bulgaria and Vietnam in the context of the relations of traditional friendship and cooperation;
- Strengthening the principles of good governance to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic and social development;
- Increasing prosperity through raising professional qualification and building significant public infrastructure in the fields of education and healthcare;
- Building sustainable capacity for quality healthcare and preventing the spread of infectious diseases;
- Adoption and implementation of good practices and European standards in the fields of empowerment of women, and protection of the rights of children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable social groups.
- Adoption and implementation of good practices and European standards in the field of inclusive entrepreneurship.
- State and local institutions in Vietnam;
- Educational institutions – higher education institutions, kindergartens, schools, etc.;
- Healthcare institutions – hospitals, clinics;
- Social institutions – centres for disadvantaged/vulnerable people, day care centres, etc., registered in Vietnam according to the relevant national legislation;
- Non-governmental organisations, registered in Vietnam according to the relevant national legislation.
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – legal entities of Vietnam;
- International and local non-governmental organizations, registered in Vietnam according to its national legislation;
- Municipalities and their affiliates;
- Educational, healthcare and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations.
For more information, visit https://www.mfa.bg/en/embassies/vietnam/news/29499