Applications are invited for dollar-for-dollar matched fundraising program Plus1 to boost the fundraising efforts of small to medium not-for-profit arts organisations.
Plus1 supports not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations to develop and run more effective fundraising campaigns, boost their fundraising skills and secure new backers.
The program pledges dollar-for-dollar matched funding of monies raised through a nominated fundraising campaign.
Successful organisations are able to leverage this pledge to help develop and secure support. The type and scope of the project/activity presented for Plus1 support is determined by the applicant. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Employment of artists or arts/culture workers (new contracts or continued employment of existing staff)
- Core operational costs.
- Creating and presenting new works. E.g. artist’s fees, creative development, production, marketing and touring costs.
- Program initiatives. E.g. education programs and/or scholarship opportunities.
- Employment of new staff. E.g. an artistic director, business development manager, or fundraising and marketing staff.
- Fundraising support. E.g. campaign expenses, customer relationship management, and IT software and hardware.
- Capital works or building upgrades.
Plus1 campaigns should have a legacy impact on supported organisations, with benefits to the organisation beyond the funding period. Typical impacts include:
- New donors contributing to the organisation.
- Increased investment from existing donors.
- Acquisition of new skills through the undertaking of the fundraising campaign.
Plus1 is divided into two streams.
- Stream A: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year of up to $500,000. Stream A applicants are eligible to request up to $25,000 in matched funding.
- Stream B: for applicants with an annual turnover in the previous financial year from $500,000 up to and including $5 million. Stream B applicants are eligible to request up to $50,000 in matched funding.
Plus1 is open to small-to-medium not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations.
Their eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must be a legally constituted entity (with an ABN) and registered as a not-for-profit organisation, as defined by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Definitions of not-for-profit entities may be found on the ATO and ASIC websites.
- Applicants must have an annual turnover of less than $5 million in the calendar year 2020 or financial year 2019/20.
- Applicants must be based in Australia, and carry, or plan to carry out the majority of their arts activity or practice within Australia.
- Applicants must operate with the primary purpose of providing arts and cultural opportunities for Australian artists and audiences.
For more information, visit https://creativepartnerships.gov.au/for-artists-and-arts-organisations/funding-programs/plus1/am-i-eligible-for-plus1/