The Pilbara Development Commission is seeking applications for round five of the RED Grants Program.
The Regional Economic Development Grants Scheme will support projects that make a real contribution to local communities, with a quick lead time to spark immediate economic activity in each region.
- Prosperous and diverse economy
- Aboriginal economic participation and prosperity
- The RED Grants program aim to boost investment in local regional projects that contribute to population and economic growth initiatives and innovation pilots, and importantly, are driven by the community. The objectives of the program are:
- Sustainable jobs
- Expanding or diversifying industry
- Developing skills and capabilities
- Attracting new investment in the region
- Increasing productivity
- Eligible applicants can apply for RED Grants funding of up to $250,000 for individual projects in Round 5.
- To be eligible for RED Grant funding an applicant must:
- Be a legal entity capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable financial assistance agreement (Grant Agreement) with the Western Australian State Government;
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Have an account with an authorised deposit-taking institution (an Australian financial institution or bank) registered with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
Note: Projects that support the Pilbara Regional Priorities will attract a higher weighting in the assessment process.
- You are not eligible to apply if you are a:
- State or Federal Government Agency;
- Government Trading Enterprise (GTE);
- Hospital; or
- A Trustee that is not empowered through the Trust Deed to enter into an agreement with the State Government to receive funding.
For more information, visit https://www.pdc.wa.gov.au/our-focus/grants-funding/redgrants/?tab=jl_magic_tabs_tips_for_writing_a_winning_red_grant_application_gix1