The Greater South Haven Area Community Foundation makes grants that support the strategic plan and promote leadership in addressing community issues.
Priorities according to the current strategic plan are projects that seek to enhance the quality of life in the South Haven area (within a 10-mile radius of downtown South Haven).
The criteria is aimed at enhancing the quality of life in the Greater South Haven Area through:
Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Address priority community concerns.
- Are change-oriented and problem-solving in nature.
- Will have the greatest benefit per dollar granted.
- Have the potential of leveraging additional grants from other sources such as government and other foundations.
- Assist grant recipients to achieve certain objectives.
- Grants will be made only to non-profit charitable organizations, or governmental entities.
- Grants will be made only to organizations that provide for a responsible nonprofit fiscal agent and adequate accounting procedures.
- In order to be eligible for a grant from the Greater South Haven Area Community Foundation, your agency, or the people your agency works with, must reside within a 10-mile radius of South Haven in one of the following cities or townships: Arlington, Bangor, Casco, Columbia, Covert, Geneva, Lee or South Haven.
- The Foundation makes grants only to organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Code as nonprofit, tax-exempt, charitable organizations or to qualified governmental agencies.
- Project Quality: Established community need, expected benefits, planning, similarity to other programs, the reasonableness of budget and grant request, other expected funding sources, the potential to leverage other grants.
- Community Impact: Number of people affected, potential impact, demonstrated community need/desire for the project, collaboration with other organizations, volunteer commitment to the project.
- Project Management: Staff and board experience, organizational ability to carry out the project, mission-appropriate, long-range plan for the project and the organization, future of the organization.
- The Foundation also takes into account whether the Foundation has adequate resources to effectively respond to the request.
For more information, visit https://southhavencf.org/information-on-grants/