The Groundswell Fund is seeking applications to provide grants to projects and organizations that are already established, with a smaller portion reserved for start-up projects or organizations.
Groundswell raises funds through donations from generous individuals and groups. This means the amount of money we receive and grant each year is unknown.
Who gets funded?
- Groups led by the communities they are organizing; specifically, people most directly affected by oppression.
- They are committed to giving a minimum 50% of funding to organizations led by Black and/or Indigenous organizers.
- Transformative work that seeks to confront the root causes of oppression rather than just finding temporary solutions.
- Work that actively confronts power imbalances and seeks to build community power.
- Work that increases organizational infrastructure, allowing groups to do their work on a long-term basis.
- Work that cannot get adequate funding from other sources.
- Work taking place across the expanse of Turtle Island now called Canada (Given our commitment to decolonization, they do not define our work according to colonial borders but instead engage applicants with some flexibility around their geographies).
For more information, visit https://groundswellfund.ca/apply/