The Harcourts Foundation’s Grant Program is now open to provide support that helps grow and enrich the communities.
The Foundation has a clear focus on providing grants to reputable community-based organizations which need funding for projects and initiatives designed to benefit as many people as possible. They will prioritize applications that demonstrate that their grant will have the widest community impact.
With 100% of the funds raised going straight to the charities who need it most, they have been able to provide grants to support local charities throughout New Zealand. They are incredibly proud of the work the Harcourts Foundation and its many supporters are doing to help to change lives and make dreams come true.
- The advancement of social and community welfare in New Zealand
- The relief of poverty in New Zealand
- The care, support, and protection of the aged, children, young people, and people with disability in New Zealand
- The promotion of community development to enhance social and economic participation in New Zealand
- The promotion and fostering of art and culture in New Zealand
- The promotion of education in New Zealand includes the establishment and support of schools, universities, and other educational establishments
- The provision of facilities for the education of pupils of schools, universities, or other education establishments
How the Foundation work?
- Harcourts New Zealand team members donate a percentage of their commission from the sale of properties and these funds are administered by the Harcourts Foundation. Every dollar donated goes into communities where they’re needed.
- The contributing offices know their local communities best and decide which charities, groups, or projects they wish to support in their area. Examples include local schools, surf lifesaving clubs, Riding for the Disabled, Hospice, and other small charities which struggle to find funding.
- You need to be either a registered charity, school or have IRD Donee Status to receive a grant.
- Grant applications must be for a specific project, item, or initiative.
- Requests for the project, item or initiative must be scheduled to occur within six months of receiving the grant.
- Grants will not be given for items already purchased or initiatives/projects already held.
- If the grant is not used for the purpose for which it was applied, the funds MUST be returned so they can provide the grant to another group elsewhere.
- If you are a branch of an organisation or charity where another branch has been successful in achieving a grant from them in the past:
- this does not mean you automatically qualify for a grant; and
- each application will be considered independently based on funds available and circumstances at the time.
- Please attach a quote with your grant application which matches the dollar amount you are requesting. Unfortunately, they cannot accept applications without a quote.
For more information, visit https://harcourtsfoundation.org/new-zealand/#nzfaq