Helpusadopt.org is seeking applications for its grant program to helping to fulfill dreams of parenthood and family for the hundreds of thousands of children around the globe who are in need of a safe, loving, permanent home.
Helpusadopt.org helps to fund domestic, international and foster care adoptions. They do not provide grants for embro adoptions, step-parent, or second parent adoptions.
They award a total of $150,000 per grant cycle. Each Grant award is between $500 – $20,000. The amount awarded is determined based on the amount requested and demonstrated need. The amount requested will not affect the decision to award a grant.
- At least one applicant must be a US citizen
- Must have a completed, approved, and current home study
- Must not be pregnant, trying to conceive, or pursuing infertility treatments simultaneously with your adoption
- Must demonstrate significant financial obstacles and the need for financial assistance. There is a distinction between “not wanting” to write the check(s) and “not being able to”.
- If the adoption has been finalized, or the child has been placed in your home, you are no longer eligible (exceptions made for adoptions through foster care).
- Applicants must exhibit a commitment to adoption, and will continue with the adoption regardless of whether or not they obtain a grant from Helpusadopt.org
- Applicants must be associated with a licensed adoption agency or attorney. If you are working with a consultant, final payments must be made to a lawyer or agency.
- Priority will be given to applicants without children and those with failed or disrupted adoption placements.
Should a grant be awarded:
- Adoption funds may not be used to cover travel cost.
- Money is only payable in USD to a licensed US adoption agency or lawyer.
- They do not cover agency start-up fees, funds should be applied towards the finalization of your adoption.
- If any portion of the grant is unused upon completion of the adoption process, or upon the expiration of the award (approximately 24 months from the official grant award date), the remaining funds will revert back to Helpusadopt.org.
- Helpusadopt.org reserves the right to contact applicants and service providers by phone or email to clarify any information provided in the application or to conduct a telephone interview.
For more information, visit https://www.helpusadopt.org/apply