The Honnold Foundation is inviting applications for the 2022 Core Fund Grant Program to provide unrestricted funding to global solar energy access initiatives that reduce environmental impact and increase social and economic equity.
The Honnold Foundation promotes solar energy for a more equitable world. They believe that solar energy access improves lives and reduces environmental impact, and they provide unrestricted grant funding to organizations across the globe whose work increases social and economic equity in the communities they serve.
Though the funds are unrestricted, they tend to select organizations that are directing funds towards a specific project or initiative.
Core Grant awards typically range from $30,000 to $100,000.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Core Grant funding.
- Both domestic and international organizations may apply. The organization is community-based and/or has a clear community connection
- The organization has a charitable status in its country of origin, or has a charitable or social impact mission
- The majority of the funding will be used for the construction of new solar infrastructure and/or the improvement of existing solar infrastructure (ie: grid-tied solar, solar home systems, solar water pump, etc.)
- The organization has identified a technical partner (installer) to develop new and/or improve existing solar infrastructure
- The funding will be used to increase social and economic equity for underserved/marginalized communities
- The funding will be used to limit environmental impact by reducing dependence on or usage of fossil fuels or other energy sources known to be highly pollutive (diesel oil, wood, kerosene, coal-powered utility grids, etc.)
- The funding will be used to support work in a single community or a small cohort of communities
- The community served is involved in the creation and/or maintenance and management of the work the funding supports
For more information, visit https://www.honnoldfoundation.org/become-a-partner#application-requirements