The Hume City Council is seeking applications for its 3064 Community Support Fund Grants that has been established to respond to community need and reduce barriers to access and/or engagement in Craigieburn and surrounds (postcode 3064).
This grant is time-limited (2019- 2023) and is funded by contributions from a Craigieburn-based gambling venue. Applications can be made by incorporated not-for-profit organisations and community groups (including schools) who are supporting an individual or family.
Examples of local community needs include mobility aids; assistive technologies; support for participation in local community based social, educational, leisure; health and wellbeing programs or activities.
- Up to $1,000 per individual (applications must come via an organisation).
- Applicants must:
- Be incorporated and not-for-profit organisations or community groups (inclusive of schools) who are supporting an individual or family.
- Be based in Hume City, and/or deliver services in Hume City
- Identify a proposal to assist an individual or family residing within postcode 3064 experiencing hardship and/or barriers to access and participation in the Hume Community as identified by the applicant
- Apply on behalf of an individual or family
- Be responsible for all reporting and acquittal requirements
- Give 100% of funding to the identified individual or family
- Have an urgent need that cannot be met by the affected individual or family
- Show that the applicant cannot meet this need through other funding sources including other grant programs (including those from government agencies)
- Have no outstanding debts with Hume City Council
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous funding received by Hume City Council
- Distribute and acquit funds in accordance with the funding requirements
- Applicants must not:
- Propose a program to assist a recipient of this grant category from previous rounds
- Propose a program that will duplicate or top-up existing services or grant programs (for example, emergency relief, or other support/programs from Government agencies)
- Please note:
- Applicants can submit multiple applications on behalf of different individuals or families. However, individuals and families may only receive one grant per five-year period.
- A single application can seek up to a maximum of 5 grants. These must be from different families i.e. one family cannot receive multiple grants.
For more information, visit Hume City Council.
For more information, visit https://www.hume.vic.gov.au/Your-Council/Grants-and-Awards/Hume-City-Council-Community-Grants-Program