Applications are now being accepted for the Ian Parry Photojournalism Grant 2023 to support young and emerging photographers as they embark on their career in the world of photojournalism.
The Ian Parry offers financial support, mentorship and ongoing assistance for the promotion of the work. Importantly, the recipient becomes part of a network of past recipients and an extended family of people who care deeply about the grant and believe in the importance of photojournalism.
- Each winner will receive £10,000 towards their chosen project.
- Loan of equipment for 1 year for the IP grant winner to complete their proposed project.
- Inclusion in the Hamburg portfolio review.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- A London portfolio review with leading industry experts.
- A year-long personal mentorship with an industry expert.
- An exhibition of their chosen project in London, printed by Canon.
- In addition, each year a selection of long-listed individuals will have their work spotlighted by the panel of industry judges.
- The honorary Tom Stoddart Award for Excellence may also be given yearly on the judges’ discretion.
- An assignment from Legacy of War.
- An exhibition at the centre for British photography.
- Publication in the Guardian.
- If you turned 25 years of age (or younger) within the year you are entering, regardless of educational status, you are eligible to apply to the Open Call. If you are 25 years of age or above, you must be enrolled in a full-time photographic course in order to be eligible to apply.
- They welcome entries from all countries and there are no geographical limits on submission.
- They do not accept photographic work that has been staged or digitally manipulated.
- You can enter upto 12 images from the same series.
- Entrants must be no older than 24 years of age or enrolled in a full-time photographic course at the time of entry.
- Entrants will need to provide:
- 1 Project per submission
- A portfolio of 12 images
- Image spec – 300dpi RGB jpgs
- 2500px minimum on the long edge
- Project title, description, captions
- Project proposal for grant funds
- Proof of age and/or proof of educational course
For more information, visit Ian Parry Memorial Fund.