Fundación MAPFRE is currently accepting applications for the Ignacio H. de Larramendi Research Grants 2020.
The grants are aimed at researchers or research teams in the academic and professional field, who wish to develop research programs in the aforementioned areas, independently or within the framework of universities, hospitals, companies or research centers they are affiliated with.
The topics on which the research projects must be based are the following:
- Strategies to change habits: preventing obesity and promoting physical activity.
- Education for patients.
- Assessment of body damage.
- Health management: clinical quality and safety.
Note: This call will pay special attention to the projects that, while taking into account the previous topics, incorporate aspects related to COVID-19, such as: reducing infections, self-care and a culture of self-protection, relationship between previous health conditions (lifestyle) and morbimortality, COVID-19 and mental health etc.
- In 2020, Fundación MAPFRE awards research grants for a maximum total value of 240,000 Euros, to provide financial support for research projects in the area of Health Promotion.
- The maximum amount of each grant will be 30,000 Euros.
The grant will be awarded to the main investigator of the project, although, upon request made at the time of submitting the application, it may be paid to the institution to which he/she is affiliated and where the research is being carried out. It is essential in both cases that the grant be used exclusively for the research requested.
The grant will be awarded for one calendar year from the date of its acceptance and formalization.
- The grants are open to any academic and professional researcher and research teams wishing to run research programs, independently or as part of the universities, hospitals, companies or research centers to which they are affiliated.
- The geographic scope of the call is worldwide.
To evaluate the projects the following factors will be taken into account:
- Experience of the applicant and/or the research team on the subject.
- Scientific and technical quality of the work methodology.
- Feasibility, applicability and potential social impact of the proposed solutions.
For more information, visit https://www.fundacionmapfre.org/fundacion/en/grants-aids-and-awards/aids/ignacio-larramendi-research-grants/