The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is inviting individual researchers and research or evaluation organizations to submit proposals for conducting impact evaluations of Agriculture and Health Sector Programs.
- Modality 1 (For individuals) Principal investigators to work with 3ie teams to conduct evaluations: 3ie is looking to hire Principal Investigators (PI) who have expertise in evaluation of complex government programs in sectors such as agriculture and health to join the research team that 3ie will put together to carry out the evaluation.
- Modality 2 (For organizations) Research and / or evaluation organizations or consortia to conduct evaluations: 3ie will award grants to research or evaluation organizations or consortia to conduct impact evaluations, which will be quality assured by 3ie. The selected firm or consortia will be solely responsible for implementing the study and will be accountable for following 3ie processes to ensure the evaluations are policy relevant and of high-quality.
- The selected teams will be provided up to 10,000 USD for proposal preparation.
- The expected timeline for the full impact evaluation is April 2022 to September 2023.
- Modality 1 (Individual researchers):
- Experience in design and implementation of impact evaluation of complex government programs, with proven ability to adjust evaluation scope and methods to the evolving priorities of the government or constraints posed by changes in program implementation strategies.
- Experience in evaluation and research using experimental and quasiexperimental methods.
- Experience designing and implementing evaluations in the Philippines or South East Asia at least. Preference will be given to researchers based in the Philippines.
- Publication record in top journals in either of the identified sectors, namely health or agriculture.
- Comfort with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Willing ness and ability to travel to Philippines, circumstances permitting
- Modality 2 (legally registered organizations or consortia of registered organizations):
- The grant-holding organizations and the lead PI may be located anywhere in the world. Preference will be given to organizations that are based in the Philippines and propose local researchers in a lead role.
- The research team must include at least one PI who is a Philippines national based in country. S / he should be working for an organization registered in the Philippines or could be an independent consultant resident in the Philippines. The Philippine researcher must be engaged in substantive tasks, including proposal preparation, data analysis, report writing and stakeholder engagement for understanding findings and for uptake of evidence into policy and programming.
- At least one team member should have experience in designing and implementing randomized evaluations.
- The proposed team should demonstrate substantial experience in design and implementation of impact evaluation of complex government programs, with proven ability to adjust evaluation scope and methods to the evolving priorities of the government or constraints posed by changes in program implementation strategies.
- Experience in evaluation and research using experimental and quasiexperimental methods is mandatory.
- Organizations may submit more than one proposal and may be included on more than one proposal. They should, however, have the capacity to implement any or all grants awarded to them under the program.
- For-profit organizations are eligible to apply but are restricted to the same indirect cost limits as non-profit organizations and may not charge a fee.
- The applicant organization must be able to sign the 3ie preparation grant agreement, a sample of which is available on the 3ie website.
- Organizations must submit budgets as part of their qualifications (subject to 3ie’s direct and indirect cost policies). Short-listed organizations will go through the due-diligence process.
For more information, visit https://www.3ieimpact.org/funding/request-qualifications-impact-evaluations-agriculture-and-health-sector-programs