The Innovate UK is pleased to launch the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) – Vaccines for epidemic diseases: Readiness for clinical development and regulatory submission to enhance clinical and regulatory preparedness of vaccines against diseases that have outbreak potential in a low or middle income country.
The aim of this competition is to support further development of vaccine candidates and platform technologies. This will enable them to undergo clinical development and ultimately regulatory approval.
Projects can include, but are not restricted to, any elements of the following:
- work to create a regulatory package suitable for endorsement by the appropriate regulatory or ethical authority, for example the MHRA and ethics committees, to allow future work packages to start as soon as funding is available
- completion of work on pre-clinical, non-clinical and supportive assays and technologies packages to aid the transition from the laboratory to clinical trial-enabling activities
- distinct packages of work to enable drug substance and drug product manufacture development
- distinct packages of work to enable clinical development, including assay development, clinical design, and production of regulatory documents
- ideas to increase technical or economic utility or acceptance of vaccines and therefore likely availability or use in low and middle income countries (LMICs)
- improving acceptability or potential deployment of vaccines, including addressing barriers such as vaccine hesitancy
- A total of up to £ 10 million, inclusive of VAT, is allocated for this competition.
- Projects can range in size up to total costs of £ 500,000 inclusive of VAT and up to 12 months duration.
- To lead a project, you can:
- be an organization of any size
- work alone or with others from business, research organizations, research and technology organizations or the third sector as subcontractors
- Contracts will be awarded only to a single legal entity.
- They are looking for proposals from organizations that can demonstrate a route to market for their solution. Such organizations can subcontract work to other organizations. This work will still be the responsibility of the main contractor.
For more information, visit https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/1046/overview