nbn has announced the Innovate with nbn™ Grants Program to support regional and remote businesses.
- Innovators or entrepreneurs inspiring others in their community
- Champions of digital adoption
- Continuing to facilitate the digital capabilities and benefits of the nbn™ network
- Advocates of supporting regional businesses
- Women in Regional Business: The Connecting Australia research shows a rise in Australian women bringing their ideas to the fore and starting their own businesses – and they want to help these savvy professionals to turn their dreams into reality.
- Health: Research shows a long-term disparity in health outcomes between city and regional areas.
- Arts: They are looking for businesses run by artists and unique characters who continue to drive exciting content that has a positive impact on their local areas.
- Education: They are looking for progressive businesses who are providing flexible online learning options that are helping to redefine and futureproof regional and remote education.
- Agriculture: You may be an agribusiness with a technology focus, exploring new technologies and solutions for supply chains, livestock management, shared data analysis or bio-security, or you may have built an app to help connect local farms with the rest of world.
- Tourism: They are looking for established regional tourism specialists who embrace digital innovation to either help optimise their unique offering, or actively promote your region’s key attractions.
- Indigenous business: As an Indigenous business owner, you embrace innovation and have bold ideas on how to create solutions and find new ways to operate; all within the digital landscape.
- The program will award one grant of $10,000 to an organisation or business project aligned with each of the categories.
- Applications are only open to one category. Additionally, one regional/remote business will be recognised and awarded with the ‘Innovate with nbn™ Champion award’ worth $25,000.
- All businesses applying will need an Australian Business Number (ABN) to qualify.
- 5 x $10,000: Covering each of the segments:
- $10,000: Innovate with nbn™ Regional Women in Business Grant
- $10,000: Innovate with nbn™ Indigenous Business Grant
- $25,000: Innovate with nbn™ Champion Award
- Harnessing the benefits of the nbn™ network to enable regional Australians to live, learn and work in a digital society
- Innovative digital businesses challenging the traditional markets in regional Australia
- Businesses who are lifting digital participation and stimulating regional economies
- Champions of digital adoption for regional and remote communities
For more information, visit https://www.nbnco.com.au/campaigns/innovate-with-nbn-grants-program