Deadline: 30 May 2019
The Information Society Innovation Fund (ISIF) Asia is seeking applications for Internet for Development (I4D) Grant for 2019 which focuses on Powering Internet Infrastructure.
The Grant will be allocated to one project that support research and development of software and/or hardware solutions that can improve the stability and reliability of how Internet infrastructure is powered.
This includes but is not limited to solar, wind, and hydraulic solutions used to provide Internet access in remote areas, during disasters, or to power other infrastructure such as IXPs, root servers, datacentres, etc. The monitoring of batteries and their consumption, energy efficiency tools, the management and administration of micro-grids will be considered for this call.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Proposals must be focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Technical innovation in provision of efficient, reliable power for Internet infrastructures, particularly in challenging situations such as off-grid, intermittently supplied, or disaster afflicted environments;
- Creative organizational/partnership arrangement(s) and incentives for development of alternative and renewable energy sources for use in powering Internet infrastructure;
- Creative technical and business solutions involving provision of power in tandem with Internet access, to expand connectivity to underserved areas;
- Enabling regulatory frameworks that support innovative technical and business models for power access provision.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Two small grants of USD 20,000 will be allocated, for a total of USD 40,000 in funding.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Project proposals and award nominations from Asia Pacific-based organizations will be considered.
- Applications from public, private sector, academia (such as universities or research and development institutions), non-profit and social enterprises are welcome to all categories.
- ISIF Asia will ONLY support initiatives managed by organizations based in the Asia Pacific region, with funds allocated to be invested within the Asia Pacific region, as described in the list of economies (mentioned below). ISIF Asia will consider regional diversity and balance when making final decisions.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, British English Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bhutan, Cambodia, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, China, Dem. People’s Republic of Korea, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos People’s Dem. Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna Islands
For more information, please visit https://isif.asia/internet-for-development-grant/