Applications are now open for the Levi Lassen Foundation’s Grant Program to support a shared society in Israel. The Foundation believes in an Israel where everyone participates in a shared and just society, predicated on the best values of equality, tolerance and social justice in a liberal democracy.
Levi Lassen’s work in Israel began over 40 years ago. Levi Lassen is committed to helping Israel develop, grow and prosper through supporting programs committed to promoting a shared society.
- NGOs may apply for up to 10,000 Euro’s a year and may be given a grant for a period of one year.
The Levi Lassen Foundation will consider funding applications from NGO’s and projects that fulfil the following criteria:
- NGOs focused on and committed to a shared Israeli society, that run specific programs where people from different “tribes”, backgrounds and/or beliefs work together to advance joint living, inclusion, discourse, cooperation, mutual understanding and tolerance and/or combat polarization, racism, discrimination, hatred, prejudice and division.
- The project must have at least two sectors (“tribes”) doing something together.
- The project must have synergy with the overall vision and mission of the NGO.
- The project (not necessarily the NGO) must be of grassroots nature.
- The project must have a down to earth impact and make a difference.
- The primary target population must be 18 and above.
- Projects that have an economic/business/employment related objective will not be considered.
- NGOs must be able to demonstrate a stable, effective, creative and well-run organization, a sound financial status, and Nihul Takin. Startup NGOs may also apply without Nihul Takin.
- They have a two-stage application process. Applications must be submitted online. You need to register once. Your password must consist of letters, numbers and one symbol like !@#). After registration, you can manage your applications and correspondence online.
- Applying works as follows: First you submit a Stage 1- LOI (Letter of Intent), and if approved, you will be invited to submit a Stage 2- full proposal.
- At Stage 2- full proposal please limit both the Project Description and the Organization Narrative to two pages and up to 500 words each.
- Longer texts will be returned to the applicant for correction. If you encounter any issues during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact at the email address mentioned on the official website
For more information, visit https://www.levilassen.org/application-procedure/procedure-dates/