The Asian Cultural Council’s (ACC) Organization and Project Grants Program is now open to support cultural exchange opportunities for specific project participants who will benefit from the experience as individual fellowship recipients do – through cultural immersion, research, specialized training, exchange of knowledge among peers, and other process-oriented activities.
Project participants must be practicing artists, scholars, and/or arts professionals. Touring, performance, exhibition, and public-facing activities are not eligible, though these activities might make up the larger context in which ACC-eligible exchange activities take place.
Artist-led projects involving collaboration between three or more individuals are also considered in this category.
Funding Period: June 1, 2022 – December 31, 2023
- Art History
- Arts Administration
- Arts Criticism
- Museum Studies
- Visual Art
*for design, aesthetic theory, and/or aesthetic history only; projects with an economic, social, scientific, or technological focus are not eligible
**for travel to/from Japan only
- Applications for this program are currently only accepted for applicants who are citizens or residing in Japan.
- To be selected, applicants must:
- Be a registered nonprofit organization/NGO, or have fiscal sponsorship through a registered nonprofit/NGO
- Describe how project participants will benefit from their involvement and the importance of their participation to the larger goals of cultural exchange
- Please note the following restrictions:
- ACC funding cannot be used for artist fees or production expenses
- Production, creating new work, and audience-driven outcomes are not a priority
- Applications that do not name individual project participants and include their biographies and work samples will not be considered
For more information, visit https://www.asianculturalcouncil.org/our-work/programs/fellowships-and-grants/organization-and-project-grants