The Department of Conservation/Te Papa Atawhai is offering Jobs for Nature Community Conservation Fund to community-led restoration projects on public and private land that create jobs.
Projects can be focused on:
- Protecting and restoring natural habitats;
- Halting the decline of and restoring healthy, sustainable populations of native species.
- You can apply for grants of between $300,000 and $700,000 (in total) if you have a project that creates temporary employment for up to 3 years.
You can only apply to the Jobs for Nature Community Conservation Fund if you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Your project supports employment (new or existing). You must pay at least the living wage of $22.10 per hour.
- Your proposed work and employment is additional to, or can accelerate, what would have occurred anyway.
- Your application is for a practical on-the-ground project focused on restoring indigenous biodiversity.
- Your project is community-led (eg led by not-for-profit organisations, whanau/hapu/iwi groups, conservation trusts, private landowners). Government departments and local authorities cannot apply.
- You have a track record of delivering on-the-ground biodiversity projects.
- Your project will be funded for up to 3 years.
- Total funding requested is between $300,000 and $700,000.
- You are a legal entity able to enter into a funding agreement with DOC.
How To Apply
- Check your project is eligible for funding
- Review the eligibility criteria and the Guide for applicants.
- Prepare your application: If you are eligible, you will need to prepare the documents before submitting your application.
- Project application form – Sections D to F (DOC, 662K);
- Project location map (optional).
- Note: Letters of support will not be accepted.
- Submit your application: Applications to the fund can only be submitted between 14 January 2021 and 1 pm 16 February 2021. You will be informed of decisions in March 2021.
- Apply online: Submit your application online. You’ll need a modern browser like Chrome (not Internet Explorer). Be ready to complete the application in one go.
- Apply by email: If you have problems with the online application you can apply by email.
- Complete the Full project application form (DOC, 713K).
- Email with the name of your organisation in the subject line.
For more information, visit https://www.doc.govt.nz/get-involved/funding/jobs-for-nature-community-conservation-fund/