The Glenelg Shire Council is seeking applications for its Junior Sport Trust Grant Program to provide a consistent and equitable process for financial assistance for individuals or teams participating in State, National or International activity/events.
The Glenelg Junior Sport Trust provides financial support for individual athletes or teams who have been selected to represent at state, national or international level in their chosen sport aged up to 18 years of age inclusive.
The age is to be the age of the individual/team participant at the time the activity/event is being held.
- For the purpose of these guidelines, the definition of activity/event is classed as “physical exercise” relating to training and/or competition.
- Applications for assistance will be considered to those that fit under the following categories.
- The applicant(s) has been selected to train in an official team specifically chosen to represent at a State/National or International level.
- The applicant(s) has been selected to compete as an individual or in a team to represent at a State/National or International level.
- Victorian: $500
- Interstate: $700
- International: $1,000
- Victorian: $1,000
- Interstate: $1,500
- International: $3,000
What will not be funded?
- Applications that are not received 3 weeks prior to the activity/event.
- Activities/events that have already taken place.
- Activities/events that have already been funded through other Glenelg Shire programs or activities or another grant and sponsorship program.
- The applicant(s) is a resident of Glenelg Shire at the time of the application.
- Applications must be received at least three weeks before the start of the activity/event.
- Applicant(s) must have fully acquitted previous completed grants and have no outstanding debts to the Glenelg Shire.
- The activity/event must take place within 12 months of receiving the grant.
For more information, visit https://www.glenelg.vic.gov.au/Our-Community/Grants/Glenelg-Shire-Junior-Sport-Trust