The Northern Territory (NT) Government is seeking applications for funding available to support a range of school holiday activities to engage and support young people, in particular those young people at risk in Katherine aged 10 to 17 years.
This funding opportunity is a part of a larger commitment by the Department of the Chief Minister and Territory Families to support regional and urban communities in their provision and development of youth programs.
- Grants between $100 and $15,000 are available to fund accessible and free group activities that bring young people together, make connections to existing support services and are youth informed and safe.
What can’t be funded?
- All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis however generally requests for the following may not be supported:
- A specific activity that is already funded from other sources.
- Activities that may benefit organisations/individuals outside of the Northern Territory over and the benefits for young people of the Northern Territory.
- Payment of membership or registration fees, including working with children checks.
- Profit-making activities, fundraising or charitable activities not directly benefitting young people of the Northern Territory.
- Programs that are political or discriminatory against others, based on their gender, sexuality, status, culture or religion and ability.
- Funding is available to organizations only.
- To be eligible for funding an organisation must
- be physically located and actively operating in the NT
- have met acquittal requirements for all previous funding (this grant) and complied with all other accountability requirements
- have met acquittal requirements for previous grants from this department and complied with all other accountability requirements
- have met acquittal requirements for all previous Northern Territory Government grants and complied with all other accountability requirements
- have completed all required information in the application form and submitted required documentation in support of your application
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have public liability insurance of at least $20 million
Who can’t apply?
- To be eligible for funding an organization must not
- have outstanding acquittals and or other accountability requirements (NTG grants)
For more information, visit https://grantsnt.nt.gov.au/grants/decjan-20222023-school-holiday-program