The Khyentse Foundation is seeking applications for its Trisong Grants to identify and support individuals and organizations that are working to promote mental health and well-being in the world, through projects and programs that have a foundation in Buddha’s wisdom.
In difficult or turbulent times, people may not know where to look for help and Khyentse Foundation wants to find new ways for people to experience the benefits of Buddha’s teachings. Projects do not need to be outwardly Buddhist, but they should be rooted in Buddhist view and practice and share in values that alleviate suffering, encourage emotional well-being, and strengthen both physical and mental health.
- Trisong Grant awards are generally in the $5,000 range but can be more. Award amounts will depend on the scope and needs of the project.
The Foundation encourages applications that offer innovative, creative, and skillful solutions to sharing a Buddhist view of basic well-being. Most of applications come from Buddhist practitioners or groups. Examples of applications that may be well-received include:
- A Buddhist center offering hospice service or training people in end-of-life care.
- A project using art or performance therapy in a group setting.
- Doing outreach and social work for people in need.
- Using Buddhist concepts to help people struggling with addiction.
- A program to visit schools and talk to young people about managing their emotions in difficult times.
- Developing a Buddhist chaplaincy curriculum.
- A Buddhist center hosting an informal event for the local community.
- A project to offer a group meditation program in a prison setting.
- Starting a Buddhist based depression and anxiety support group.
- Using pastoral counseling to help others through challenges.
- A program Introducing families to meditation.
- The Foundation is interested in learning about how your work will help others, care for those in need, and share Buddha’s wisdom and values, with new people in contemporary ways.
Your application will not be considered if:
- You are requesting funds for a building and construction project.
- Your application does not adequately explain the budget and scope of the project.
- Your application is for a film project; the Foundation is not accepting proposals for film projects at this time.
- Your application is in a language other than English. At this time, the Foundation can only accept applications in English.
- Your application has no connection to Buddhist view, study, or practice.
- You have already applied for a Trisong grant in this round.
For more information, visit https://khyentsefoundation.org/trisong-grant/