The UN Development Program invites non-governmental organizations (NGOs) operating in the Kyrgyz Republic to take part in the competition for the implementation of small grant projects.
This Request for Proposals for the implementation of small grant projects has been announced as part of the implementation of the UNDP / GEF project “Conservation of the globally significant biodiversity and associated land and forest resources of the Western Tien Shan to support sustainable livelihoods” (hereinafter referred to as the Project), funded by the Global Ecological Fund.
The objectives of the small grants:
- Demonstrate the possibility of reducing pressure on ecosystems by providing local communities with the opportunity to increase incomes without increasing the number of livestock;
- Introduction of methods of sustainable land use and sustainable forest management on arable, pasture and forest lands;
- Raising awareness of the local community on the sustainability of land and natural resources;
- Increasing the interest of local communities and assisting them in the creation of specially protected natural areas, demonstrating that protected areas can contribute to sustainable development.
Applicants have an advantage when submitting project applications in the following areas:
- ecotourism and recreation;
- collection of medicinal plants and non-timber forest products (mushrooms, berries, etc.);
- beekeeping, recycling of honey and beeswax products;
- secondary processing of agricultural products;
- transition to more profitable and sustainable forms of agriculture;
- income-generating activities that reduce pressure on ecosystems;
- preservation of the environment and local flora and fauna.
- The total amount of the grant allocated under this Project will not exceed 15,000 US dollars (fifteen thousand US dollars). The NGO’s contribution must be at least 20% of the grant amount. This contribution from the NGO may be in cash or in kind (for example, the provision of facilities and/or technical resources required for the implementation of small grant projects, the performance of physical work by the applicant).
- The project implementation period is no more than 5 months, preliminary from October 2022 to February 2023.
- The target communities are the following administrative-territorial units of the Jalal-Abad region:
- Cholpon-Atinsky rural area of Toktogul district;
- Kyzyl-Ozgorushsky rural area of Toktogul district;
- Kok-Irimsky rural area Toguz-Torousko district;
- Ataysky rural area, Toguz-Torousko district.
- These ayil aimaks were identified as pilot ones within the framework of the Project based on their geographic proximity to the Alatay and Kan-Achuu state natural parks.
- Applications can be submitted by NGOs that meet the following criteria
- The organization has a certificate of state registration;
- Group for the implementation of a small grant project (organizational structure, including positions and role of each member of the group).
- Note: applications with expenditure items directed to financing at the expense of the UNDP project of the following types of goods and services are not considered:
- payment of salaries to employees of local governments and state administration;
- administrative expenses of a different nature;
- purchase of food;
- purchase of office equipment;
- activities prohibited by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic;
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=94143