The Leeway Foundation is seeking applications for the Art and Change Grant (ACG) program to provide project-based grants of up to $2,500 to women and trans artists in Greater Philadelphia to fund art for social change projects.
- Raise consciousness
- Alter how they think about ourselves, our society, or our culture
- Create a vision of a more just world
- Be a tool or strategy for organizing and movement building
- Preserve or reclaim traditional cultural practices using your artistic practice as a form of resistance or empowerment
- Create space for expression and build a sense of community
- Challenge racism, classism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism, ableism, or other oppressions
- Question mainstream culture and beliefs
- Shift or transform the perception of power and/or privilege and the dynamics associated with justice, equality, and/or accountability
- Engage and utilize a reciprocal process — where there is teaching and learning simultaneously and the consent for engagement is mutual, as is the benefit for yourself as an artist and the community you are engaging
- Has an art for social change project or opportunity that impacts a larger group, audience, or community.
- Has financial need and limited or no access to other financial resources.
- Has a project supported by or in collaboration with a Change Partner (a person, organization, or business that is a part of the project in some way).
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one application per grant cycle.
- The Art and Change Grant is not for organizations, corporations, or fundraising activities.
- The Art and Change Grant cannot be used for activities that begin prior to when the grant is announced.
- You are eligible to apply if you:
- Live in Bucks, Camden, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia County
- Are at least 18 years old
- Identify as a woman and/or trans person
- Have a Change Partner
For more information, visit https://www.leeway.org/grants/art_and_change_grants/