The Levi Lassen Foundation has launched its Grants Program to support Ethiopian-Israeli Girls and Women (ages 15 to 30).
Levi Lassen also supports NGOs in Israel with a Dutch affiliation, with an emphasis on organizations that assist and care for elderly immigrants from Holland.
- Ethiopian-Israeli Girls and Women (ages 15 to 30): The applicant must be committed to advancing this cause.
- Dutch-Affliliated organizations in Israel: Especially those that provide support for elderly immigrants from Holland, such as nursing homes.
- The Levi Lassen Foundation supports organizations or projects that educate and empower young Ethiopian-Israeli women (ages 15-30).
- The project must have at least some synergies with the overall vision and mission of the NGO
- The project (not necessarily the NGO) must be of a grassroots nature, so also small innovative projects of a large NGO will be considered.
- The project must have a down to earth impact and, at least on the face of it, make a difference.
- Levi Lassen Foundation grants are up to 15,000 Euros a year and are given for a period of one year. Grantees may apply for a renewal grant.
The Foundation does not, as a rule, fund the following:
- Individuals (including scholarships, food and equipment distribution to individuals)
- Projects with a political agenda and advocacy work
- Pure arts (e.g., music, dance, vocal, theatre, films, drawing, sculpture)
- Formal education
- Hospitals, medical treatment or equipment
- Projects geared towards special needs communities.
- Religious activity
- Academic research
- Universities and colleges
- Construction and renovation costs
- Municipalities and schools
- Trauma, post trauma, rehabilitation and emergencies
- Projects where the activity undertaken is clearly the responsibility of the government.
- The Levi Lassen Foundation will consider funding applications from NGOs and projects that fulfil the following criteria:
- NGOs that advance young Ethiopian-Israeli girls and women (ages 15-30), or specific projects that advance young Ethiopian-Israeli girls and women (ages 15-30)
- Dutch-Affliliated organizations in Israel.
- Especially those that provide support for elderly immigrants from Holland, such as nursing homes.
- The project must have synergy with the overall vision and mission of the NGO.
- The project (not necessarily the NGO) must be of grassroots nature.
- The project must have a down to earth impact and make a difference.
- NGOs may apply for up to 15,000 Euro’s a year and may be given a grant for a period of one year.
- Grantees may apply for a renewal grant (subject to submitting an evaluation report which has to be approved by the foundation).
- NGOs must be able to demonstrate a stable, effective, creative and well-run organization, a sound financial status, and Nihul Takin. Startup NGOs may also apply without Nihul Takin.
- You may only submit one grant request per year. If your grant request is approved, you can submit another request the next year.
For more information, visit Levi Lassen Foundation.