The Lithuanian Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to support projects that contribute to the preservation of the Lithuanian heritage.
- Education: The Foundation believes that education will ensure the continuity of the richness of the Lithuanian heritage. Therefore, they favor programs that contribute to the strengthening of the heritage school system as well as research that enriches the knowledge base for future generations.
- Culture: The Foundation believes that the Lithuanian culture is the bond that unites them. Therefore, they favor projects that accentuate the vibrancy of the Lithuanian culture and invest in projects that create opportunities for cultural expression and a venue for broad participation.
- Community: The Foundation believes that it indeed “takes a village”. Therefore they favor projects that unite and augment the community and invest in projects that create a vital means of partnership for those who value the Lithuanian heritage.
- Youth: The Foundation believes that the future of the heritage rests in the hearts of the youngest members. Therefore they favor projects that instill a love of culture and a sense of community in the younger generation and consider it crucial to invest in the support of youth organizations, summer camps, artistic performances geared to younger audiences and the like.
- Private for profit businesses, for profit organizations or for profit individuals.(Specific non-profit projects may be submitted by the for profit sector, only if accompanied by a detailed explanation of how the project meets non-profit requirements as well as detailed description of how non-profit funds will be segregated from the for-profit funds).
- Organizations in the USA that do not have valid “federal tax exempt” or “not-for-profit” status.
- Governmental agencies, institutions or political organizations.
- Lithuanian organizations in the USA requesting funding for capital improvements or repair of buildings and infrastructure if they are not the sole legal owners of the property.
- Requests for personal travel expenses.
- Requests for personal clothing i.e. sport uniforms, traditional Lithuanian folk attire.
- Personal charitable support is not provided.
For more information, visit https://lithuanianfoundation.org/grants-application-guidelines/