The NSW Government is accepting applications for its Local Government Heritage Grants to support, promote and realise the values of local heritage.
The NSW Government is providing funding to local councils who are best placed to understand their community and their connection to heritage.
The NSW Government is looking for innovative ideas to boost public access to state’s most significant heritage places and stimulate local economies across NSW.
- Each local council in NSW can apply for a $25,000 grant to support projects that help identify, conserve and promote heritage in their area.
- Successful projects must be delivered between July 2023 and May 2025.
What to expect if you are awarded a grant?
- If your application is successful:
- the name of your council, details of your project and amount of funding allocated to you will be made public.
- you will be required to sign a funding agreement with terms and conditions.
- you will need to report on key measures to show success.
- you must ensure that projects are undertaken by people with the suitable expertise and qualifications.
- you must acknowledge NSW government funding in all materials produced for your project.
- any study funded by this grant must be made public.
- if running a grant program you must ensure that the grant recipients:
- obtain any separate approvals and permits under the Heritage Act 1977, National Parks and Wildlife Service Act 1974 and/or local council planning and building requirements before commencing works if required,
- seek advice of a heritage specialist where appropriate,
- use suitably qualified and experienced tradespeople, and
- ensure that physical works projects are undertaken to appropriate heritage standards.
- Only local government entities in NSW (local councils) can apply for this grant. Only one application per local council will be accepted.
- This grant can be used for a range of services, products, projects and activities that:
- contribute to better management, identification, and conservation of heritage, or
- facilitate commemoration, promotion, celebration and participation in heritage.
For more information, visit Local Government Heritage Grants.
For more information, visit https://www.heritage.nsw.gov.au/grants/applying-for-a-grant/